Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Journey

                                          

"Life is a journey and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever." -Peter Hagerty

This journey... I'm not going to lie. I'm pretty excited about it. Not because like most chicks who often get caught up on the end result and where it all will lead but because of where it is right at this very moment. I'm one who delights in those long walks in the rain, strolls along central at 3 am, and drives that have no real destination. I delight in the journey and all of the sights along the way, each moment that builds to another day, and every conversation that slowly reveals just a little bit more. Who knows were anything will lead though? I mean honestly... if someone told you today that the person you're with at this very moment would break your heart terribly 10 years from now would you walk away or wait for the heartbreak? There are a lot of people who would avoid the heartbreak but to those people I would say reconsider. Heartbreak no doubt sucks but what about all of the beauty along the way? I don't need to know what’s around the corner or what is going to happen a year from now. I'm just too excited about the here and now, I'm too focused on the small simple moments, and I'm just more interested in the small delights along the way to really care to worry myself over what will be... So stop over thinking things so much. Stop worrying yourself about tomorrow, next week, or next year. Those days will come they are right around the corner, but if you keep focused on what’s around the corner you are going to fuck up the beauty right in front of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment